Huawei Launches Four Innovative Optical Infrastructure Products, Enabling Deep Digitization Across All Sectors
[Shenzhen, China, September 27, 2021] During HUAWEI CONNECT 2021, Huawei launched four innovative optical infrastructure products, aimed at accelerating digital transformation in various industries such as electric power, oil and gas, coal mining and manufacturing. With advanced optical technologies, Huawei has developed the industry’s first Optical Transport Network (OTN) communication product – Hybrid OTN (H-OTN) – to support Native Hard Pipes (NHP). Huawei also unveiled an all-new Huawei OptiXsense series, an innovative intrinsically safe industrial optical terminal and a 10G mini optical terminal.
“The digital transformation is now moving from desktop scenarios to basic production scenarios, which places higher demands on digital infrastructure,” said Richard Jin, president of Huawei optical product line. “This requires optical communication networks to be more reliable and secure, and optical sensing technology to provide greater identification accuracy for optical services. As a leader in the optical industry, Huawei continuously invests in basic research and technical innovation, and is committed to building ubiquitous optical connections. With its cutting-edge optical products and solutions, Huawei will enable various industries to go digital.
H-OTN supporting NHPs leads the revolution in secure production networks
As industries undergo digital transformation, many independent networks, such as video networks and the Internet of Things (IoT), have emerged. With the constant deployment of new services, more and more networks are being built, posing new challenges for network operation and management (O&M). Against this backdrop, Huawei came up with a revolutionary network solution based on PSNs. This solution uses the Optical Scanning Unit (OSU) to transport different services in a unified manner while providing physical isolation between services.
During HUAWEI CONNECT 2021, Huawei launched the industry’s first optical communications product, H-OTN, to support PSNs. H-OTN integrates for the first time the capabilities of OTN and Optical Line Termination (OLT) devices and implements end-to-end hard piping of Wide Area Network (WAN) access networks, ensuring absolute security of network services. base and reducing latency by over 60%.
New Huawei OptiXsense Improves Digital Pipeline Inspection Efficiency
Oil and gas pipelines are vital arteries in the national transport of energy. As pipeline mileage increases, a new “manual + automatic” inspection model is needed to track necessary inspections. To meet this requirement, Huawei has applied advanced optical technologies to the field of fiber optic sensing and developed a new intelligent fiber sensing product: Huawei OptiXsense. This product performs fiber vibration detection with superior identification accuracy and is designed to be widely used in oil and gas pipeline scenarios.
The main features of Huawei OptiXsense include:
- Improved Signal Collection: The Enhanced Optical Digital Signal Processor (e-oDSP) module has a super algorithm that corrects blind spot errors, increasing the effective signal collection rate to 99.9% and reaching zero false negative.
- Precise identification: Huawei has developed the ingenious vibration wave identification engine. Its 32-dimensional vibration wave analysis algorithm increases the accuracy of event recognition to 97%.
- Fast Self-Learning: Single Sample Iteration Simulation supports fast iteration of many new sample scenarios (1000 samples per day), improving detection and accuracy of warnings.
Huawei OptiXsense has the ability to deepen the digital inspection of oil and gas pipelines. By enabling full automation of the process covering detection, analysis, diagnosis and warning, it can help achieve zero false negatives and low false positive count and achieve intelligent unattended inspection.
Industry’s First Intrinsically Safe Industrial Optical Terminal Provides Safety
For scenarios with high security requirements, such as mining and chemical engineering, Huawei has launched the intrinsically safe industrial optical terminal – Huawei OptiXstar 2.0 – to carry video link, detection and mechanical control services. . Compared to previous generation products, Huawei OptiXstar 2.0 offers intrinsic safety, service security and easy deployment for network devices.
The main features of Huawei OptiXstar 2.0 include:
- Intrinsically Safe: An innovative precision circuit design auxiliary algorithm has been introduced to remove circuit loop energy, meeting intrinsic safety requirements and eliminating the need for underground explosion-proof enclosures.
- Service Security: Ultra-intelligent detection algorithm 2.0 enables network failover in less than 30ms when a link or port goes down, ensuring zero downtime.
- Easy Deployment: The device is housed in an intrinsically safe enclosure and weighs approximately 8 kg, with a volume one-fifth of the industry average. It can be installed underground by one person.
A unique 10G mini optical terminal brings fiber to the last corners of campuses
As the all-optical campus network becomes a new symbol of the next-generation smart campus, Huawei is committed to bringing the optimal Campus OptiX solution to industry customers. To address the issues that have long existed in campus networks, including a poor installation environment and limited power supply, Huawei officially released the industry’s first 10G optical mini terminal – Huawei OptiXstar S890H which supports supports full Wi-Fi 6, covering every base of the campus needs.
The new Huawei OptiXstar S890H features:
- All scenarios: Based on Huawei’s patented equalization and stabilization technology, product volume is only one-fifth of the industry average. In addition, it can be installed with Wi-Fi access points, allowing an unnoticeable installation.
- High Bandwidth: With XGS PON technology, the device has symmetrical upstream and downstream bandwidths of 10Gbps, delivering 10G to endpoints and meeting Wi-Fi 6 data link requirements.
- Power Supply: With an integrated patented photoelectric composite connector, the power loss and insertion loss of the optical path of the device are respectively 50% and 67% lower than the industry average. In addition, it provides up to 90W of power for Wi-Fi 6.